Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Saturday 2 June 2007

MAKING PLANS

Tomorrow I should start training again. I'm planning to go for a leisurely 10k run, to get back into the rhythm. From there on, I'll need to build up to Amsterdam.

Here's some races I'm looking at for the coming months: the Izegemse Kastelenloop (21k) on 30 June, the Zestorenjogging in Bellingen-Pepingen (21k) on 28 July, Dwars door Zaventem (which will be our new home town) on 15 August (21k), and of course the 10k Heideloop in Ermelo (my mother's home town) on 1 September.

Towards the end of September I hope to do another half marathon with Sebas, possibly in Alblasserdam in the south of Holland. Sadly Sebas is injured - we pushed it a bit too fast, I guess - but he has not lost his running spirit so he'll be back on track soon.

In between all of this, I envisage many lunch runs from work (6, 8 or 10k) and longer runs on Sundays (up to 35k by mid-September).

No comments: