Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Monday 18 June 2007

OVERTRAINED

Since 15 November: 88 hours 15 minutes, 832.1 kilometers
Weight: 76 kilos

I think I overdid it a bit. Six trainings in eight days, just after returning from Oslo where I trained in the mountains twice in three days. It has been good for my speed. In the park, my track record over six laps went down by five minutes. Similarly, my best time over three laps came down from 30m29 to 28m54. So that's all pretty good.

But both on Saturday and Sunday, I was not able to run any longer than half an hour. It sure feels like I have been trainig too much, not allowing for enough recovery time in between. Today and tomorrow are therefore set aside for resting. On Wednesday and Friday I should then be able to do ten and fifteen kilometers respectively.

The big challenge will be to build up to longer distances. I should start working on that soon.

No comments: