Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Thursday 7 June 2007

AND CHANGING PLANS

Since 15 November: 83 hours 28 minutes, 781.6 kilometers
Weight: 76 kilos

It's always a good idea to check your agenda before signing up for races. The first on my list (Izegem) is on the very day that we have a neighbourhood barbecue party where our new house is. It'll be strange - we won't be living there yet - but we got invited and it's a good chance for meeting the hood.

So I swapped Izegem for a 14.8k race the following day, through the Zonien Forest on the outskirts of Brussels. It'll be a heavy track, but I'll still aim for finishing in under 1h20.

Sunday's training was not good. I struggled to get to 5.5k in a very slow rhythm, and then called it a day. Made up for it though, with 10.5k on Monday night and 10k Wednesday at lunch. Tomorrow I fly to Oslo, and I'll take my running gear.

No comments: