Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 19 February 2012

That was good

Temperatures are above zero again. It was very nice to be out running with bare lower legs and no gloves. Did my 11k round this morning nicely at my half marathon race pace. Strangely, part of it I cannot recall at all, including the second-last and most of the last climbs. Runner's high, the best thing on the planet. I was designing a powerpoint presentation in my head (don't ask) while listening to a shuffled mix of my favorite songs. Was not tired at all when i finished after 63 minutes.

If I can repeat this next week, I may just be able to cruise to my target: a time under 2 hours.

2 comments:

James Lovell said...

Dr Dre Beats There is certainly noticeably a bundle to understand about this. I assume you made certain nice points in functions also.Monster Beats Studio Diamond

Entrovert said...

How does the change in weather conditions impact your body?

When the weather got colder in the fall, my ankle joints had a slight, but manageable pain to them. When the warm weather comes, the pain dissapears.