Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 12 February 2012

Last big training

Two weeks to go till Barcelona. Just ran most of 20k (my legs hurt so much that I needed to walk for a couple of minutes after 1h46). Not bad, considering I did not load any carbs and it's still too cold to breathe easily. Tapering time now: just little trainings to allow my body to build up reserves. Time also to pay a little more attention to what I eat and drink.

Good music helps big time. My current top 5 running songs:
1. Mira Como Viene - Jarabe de Palo
2. Hi-a-Ma (Pata Pata) - Milk & Sugar ft. Myriam Makeba
3. The Russians are Coming - Val Bennet
4. Cherie Coco - Magic System ft. Soprano
5. Peter Gunn Theme - West End Orchestra & Singers

All of them are instant energy boosts. Better than muesli bars.

2 comments:

James Lovell said...

Its good as your other posts , Monster Beats Headphones thanks for posting . – There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist. Beats Tribute by Miles Davis Mark Twain 1835 1910

netflix password reset said...

Nice post...Thanks for sharing...