Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 17 May 2009

THE WORKS (3): Roofless

Being lately about something else than it used to be, my blog suffers from identity crisis. So here's a quick update on the running:
1. I set up a Running for Beginners group at work and ten people signed up. Seven of them joined for the first training Friday at lunchtime.
2. I ran the Ninove 15k today and got proof of just how out of shape I am. I'm sure I finished last in the "Men Who Still Have Their Own Teeth" category.
3. The Brussels 20k is only two weeks away. I should not run it, but then it'd be my first absence in five years. Also, I may lose my pre-registration spot if I don't show up, which is a big thing as the 20k sells out in just a few hours nowadays. I guess I'd rather make a complete fool of myself than forfeiting.

Back to the renovation. Earlier, the builders started taking the roof of. That same day it started pouring, leaving us with a pool.

The following day, they took away the rest of the roof. The rains did not really stop. Now they will heighten the walls (for the masonry they need dry weather...) and do some other stuff. There'll be a new roof in a fortnight. Hopefully.

No comments: