Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Monday 11 May 2009

THE WORKS (1)

In the absence of anything noteworthy to report on the running front, I'll focus on the renovations instead. There, at least, should be major progress in the coming months.

Today the builders started on the past-garage-then-dining room-future entree hall and lounge area space that separates the old house from the kitchen. They are stripping everything bare before doing some major demolition before rebuilding the place into a grand space. We both (Chui Hsia and I) have images in our heads of what it will be like, though not necessarily exactly the same.

In the meantime, the builders are piling up an intimidating volume of debris in the carport. One day, they will bring in a container, load it all up and ship it out to Eternal Debris Land. I hope much of it can be recycled.

No comments: