Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 7 January 2007

NO WAY BACK?

Weight: 78 kilos
Time spent running since 15 November: 22 hours 27 minutes
Distance run since 15 November: 211.8 kilometers
Time left: 14 weeks

This week I have to be brief. It's late Sunday night and we just came back from Ermelo where we celebraetd my mother's birthday. And tomorrow I have to catch a 7am Eurostar train to London. I should sleep.

The big news is that I have signed up for the Rotterdam marathon! I postponed the deed many times, but on Friday my training schedule said "100 days to go" so I thought I should commit more firmly. I committed by credit card; if I don't make it I'll have lost a fair bit of money.

At a later stage I have to work out the logistics. I don't know anyone in Rotterdam, so there's no place for me to leave my stuff. Also, how will I travel? The train may be the safest option, as I'm not sure I'll be fit to drive an hour and a half after completing (or not completing...) the full 42 kilometer by foot.

Oh well, that's for later.

Meanwhile, my training is not going brilliantly. This week I ran less than 30k in total. As of Friday, I'll be in Malaysia for work and I doubt I'll get around to doing long runs there. I will try to do some, but the hard yakka will set in again in two weeks.

I should be able to write though.

No comments: