Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Thursday 18 January 2007

INTERMEZZO

No running update this week. With my trip to KL the running has taken a seat far in the back, I would say almost inside the trunk. I've squeezed out 27 minutes yesterday, but that's been all in a week's time. And it actually feels good, this little break from my ambitious training programme.

Instead, here's what I bought this evening at the Cold Storage supermarket, across the road in the Bangsar Shopping Centre:

- A pack of sushi (9 pieces)
- 8 plain buns
- 2 cans of Seasons soy bean milk
- a 6pack of Tiger
- a piece of Old Amsterdam cheese
- a piece of Metaghini Taleggio cheese
- a liter-pack of Goodday fresh milk
- a liter-pack of Fruit Tree Fresh sorsop juice with nata de coco
- today's Malay Mail

It cost me 97.51 MYR.

Back to running, and boring you with stories about running, next week. I promise. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good GRIEF! You spent nearly 100 dollars on a handful of stuff? Are you sure the cheese wasn't laced with GOLD?!

Unknown said...

That sounds like an incredible amount of money to spend on a list that starts (almost) with 8 buns and continues somewhere with 'Goodday milk'! Or has the ringgit depreciated in the long time I haven't been looking? Mind you... old Amsterdam cheese... beer...

Erwin said...

Don't forget I'm in Bangsar, pretty much the expatty hub in town. Rip-off heaven it is.