Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

New inspiration

On Sunday, I met nephew Sebas at my mother's place. Of course we spoke about running; he's been pretty active in training over recent weeks. Half jokingly I challenged him to sign up for a half marathon early in the year. Barcelona came to mind, and a little browsing on the iPhone told me the race is scheduled for 26 February. One day later, Sebas texted me to say he registered!

I have signed up too. And to kick off he new training regime I need, I ran half an hour along Lake Geneva on Monday night. There was a light drizzle and a bit of sunshine, resulting in the most gorgeous double rainbow I have ever seen. Running suddenly became a lot easier.

No comments: