Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Back once more

Not a whole lot of running happened since the Brussels 20k. And most of it was short runs, like 20 to 30 minutes. Over the past week though, benefitting from the freely available child care during our (Sanna's and mine) road trip through Holland, I did 30 minutes on 5 consecutive days (in Sterrebeek, Deventer, Ermelo, Hilversum, and Voorhout respectively). Today, after two days of rest, I'm running the 6k race in nearby Kortenberg, aiming at a time under 33 minutes.

I am going to stick with a regime of many short runs for a while, building up to one hour (or 10-12k) in the last months of this year. The aim is to make my running easier.

Still.... I saw an ad for the Dingle marathon. That must be breathtaking in all senses of the word: glorious landscapes and ocean views, horrific climbs and wind-ridden coastal roads. 2012, maybe?

No comments: