Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Saturday 6 March 2010

On track, more or less

Extreme weather conditions last weekend kept me from running in Ermelo. That's a real pity, because I know some nice routes and beautiful places in the local forests, where I used to hang out as a young teenager mainly for spotting birds.

As a result, my third 30 minutes run was on Monday, March 1st, one day behind schedule. It was a nice lunchtime run with Julie. Both of us confessed afterward that we wanted to stop at about 15 minutes but kept going because of the company. I should have more running mates - find me one in Geneva, for instance - as running alone is much harder.

On Tuesday night, in Geneva, I kept going for 42 minutes. It was dark when I followed the unlit path along the Arve river, but I could see the contours of a nice castle ruin high up on the other side and can hardly wait for daylight saving to begin.

Another 30 minutes at lunch yesterday meant that I am well on schedule. Tomorrow I will set off on my old 11k trail, hoping to not start walking till after 50 minutes.

In other news, I did indeed lose 2 kilos in February. Have not touched a single beer in two weeks.

No comments: