Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 22 April 2012

Staying on schedule

As my goal is to finish the Brussels 20k, five weeks from today, in under two hours, I am paying particular attention to my average speed. The Runkeeper app on my iPhone comes in very handy for this, as it will tell me, after each kilometer, my average time per k. For the Kasteeljogging in Perk (yes, that is a village name!) I set out for 5:50 per k. The first bit was much faster, but then the average started crawling up. Most of the track was through forest, where the soil was a little bit soggy because of the recent rains, making it feel like a light cross-country run. Heavier than the paved roads I take normally. Four kilometers before the finish, Runkeeper told me my average was up to 5:52. I struggled to accelerate, with some success as I finished with exactly the average I planned for. It still needs to go down a bit, so I have a margin for the heavy route that makes up the 20k. But mainly, I need to work on distance. Today, I will be aiming for a gentle 18k training. On 5 May, I should join the 21k nearby. On 13 May, I could follow up with my traditional preparation for the 20K: the 14.7k in Bruges. After that, I'll be tapering.

14 comments:

Nicole said...

I have alot of admiration for people like you and I wish you all the best!

Flash New Game said...

games games games games gamesgames agame a game friv y8 ben 10 y8 andkon funbrain online games kizi kizi kizi new games agame agame agame neue spiele agame miniclip friv car games painting games addicting games

hawaii helicopter tours said...

Such a great personality. I admire you so much.

Anonymous said...

Hi buddy... Saw your blog, n its quite interesting.. M a runner too and suffer from chin pains while running.. any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

hotels in pachmarhi said...

I really like your blog it's really nice. I really enjoy here. & Your article its so unique its amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.
pachmarhi hotels
best hotel in pachmarhi
pachmarhi

bloomsoft said...

Bloomsoft is a company in PAKISTAN.The company was founded in early 1999.Bloomsoft software and web design solutions is a profitably growing international software and web design company that develops leading-edge software to automate the processes of small and medium-sized organizations.

Bali Resorts said...

Its amazing blog and content also beautifull templete......

swagger said...

This a cool Blog. Check my blog out if you get a chance. Thanks

http://celebzbodylanguage.blogspot.com/

chrisluna said...

useful post, thank you for sharing !

7toursbd said...

Really is a good contain what I looking for, its helping me a lot, thanks for sharing, got you by Google search, Your page ranking good by Google & Alexa, Carry on with good works.

Cassandra said...

I admire your determination with your goal. Some don't have the courage you have. Good luck & take care.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fifa14.vipmmobank said...

Simply by getting rid of enemies, she will digest hatred in which power in the scythe's harm and also tones up the woman's Dim Nebula projectile strike.Your ex updates consist of including an end impact in order to the woman's Dark Nebula cause, sending your line a great areaofeffect Dim Zone cause in which expends her gathered hatred, and also summoning a Dark Gap, thats liable to bring close by foes to a location that will help set up future scythe and Dark Nebula problems.She could furthermore cancel through casting periods with a melee attack in the event the girl views an enemy throughout very hot search.Prefer a persona with an above average stability of strike and miraculous periods, Sice is your lady.
Fifa 15 coins PS

Fifa 15 coins XBOX

freelance website developers said...

Hexachipx.com is a leading website development and web design company in Trivandrum.
Unlike other web design Trivandrum firms we deliver personal attention to our clients taking time and understanding their requirements. ecommerce design companiesAs one of the best web design Trivandrum firm, we focus on customer satisfaction and customer support.