Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 3 April 2011

Slack

I tend to have these bouts of demotivation for running after finishing big races. And so, after the double of Paris and Tervuren, I have been sitting on my bum and not put any significant effort in.

With the big one, the Brussels 20k, only eight weeks away, that needs to change. And as there is some travel planned over the coming weeks with reduced training opportunities, I have to make the most of my time in Brussels.

So I'm sitting at the computer, all dressed up, big mug of coffee downed, leverworst sandwich (with a slight touch of ketchup, yum!) eaten. Only socks to put on, belt with iPod, shoes, and I'll be ready to go.

Get up, stand up!

No comments: