Diary of what followed after I finally succeeded in completing a marathon just in time, before my 50th birthday.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Stuck at 100

With two weeks to go till Paris, effectively only one week of training and one of rest, I remain stuck at running 100 minutes max. That will not be enough for the half marathon, so I'll give it two more tries this week (Monday and Saturday, I guess), and then just hope that the last 20 minutes will be inspired by the no doubt great atmosphere between Bastille and the finish in the Bois de Vincennes.

I had been hoping for some serious altitude training over the past week in Kenya. But the roads and paths were steep, full of boulders and slippery from the nightly rains. And our mountain overlooking the Rift Valley was so high that I ran already out of breath just climbing the twenty steps to the road. I managed to squeeze in three times 35 minutes of fartlek, but nothing more demanding than that. Still, maybe that bit of oxygen-poor training will have a positive effect.

I'll see tomorrow. First, this afternoon, I have a football match in nearby Leefdaal.

1 comment:

D.M. SOLIS said...

Dear One,

Just take it a mile at a time. And consider Yoga. It opens you up in ways you wouldn't believe. Peace and all good,

Diane